Our Sock KAL site - come join us!

We're doing it. Knit-A-Long with us and the "Need A Sock?" book .



Your two KAL guides will be Deb Gemmell and Brenda Harris.






Monday, November 8, 2010

I'm much further along on my Squiggle Socks. These are a variation on the K2,P2 rib socks. They're fun to do. The ribbing on the cuff runs right into the Squiggle Lace pattern.
And the P2 part of the rib is maintained which makes this pattern hug the leg well.
It's easy to see what you are doing for every row too which makes this a good travelling sock pattern. I'm working the Elizabeth Zimmermann heel with garter stitch edges. Nice heel.

Here you can see that I've turned my heel. This is a Round heel and by far the most popular of the heel turnings. Now a bit of gusset work and onto the foot.
-Deb

Comments: Yes, Brenda there are many, many double pointed needles under that deck. Sigh.


1 comment:

  1. deb, today i am starting a pair of socks for grandson James. There is Possum Fur in the yarn. I think I will do a ribbed leg. Pictures to follow.

    ReplyDelete