Our Sock KAL site - come join us!

We're doing it. Knit-A-Long with us and the "Need A Sock?" book .



Your two KAL guides will be Deb Gemmell and Brenda Harris.






Thursday, December 2, 2010

You guys are going gang busters at the Grey Heron. Well done. You have encouraged me to get going on another pair of socks. To that end I was scrounging around in my sock wool stash, right to the bottom where I found one sock which I started and for some reason got stalled on. Does this happen to other knitters?
This wool obviously wants to be made into socks and I have failed it miserably. So I'm going to make good now. I'll undo that sock, wet the yarn and hang it up to dry and use the other ball to get started on a new sock. By that time the washed wool will be ready to use too. Now to decide on the pattern I want to knit. Lace, Cable or Sock 101, which one to choose? I'm leaning towards cables.

Sharon, I'm so glad you're joining us. I hope you're mom is doing well with her radiation treatments and I hope the sock knitting will make the waiting time go faster for you. The competition between you and your mom will get you going on your second sock which could be a good thing. For those of you who don't know, Sharon is a fantastic moebius knitter, the word obsessed comes to mind, so I don't know if I should mention that socks can also be addictive too. Beware!
-Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment